Admit it, ladies. We all love our wholesale jewelries. They may not be the most expensive there is but a gem is a gem, no matter how much it costs or what it is made of. As in any investments, it is important to take care of our rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, brooches, and other wholesale jewelry. While seeking professional care may seem like the best way to go to ensure the durability of your wholesale jewelry, you can also opt to handle your wholesale jewelry’s care and maintenance to save on the extra cost.
Here are a few helpful tips to bring the shine back to your bling.
1. Before doing any actual cleaning, take time out to check the prongs, tips and clasps of your jewelry. Make sure it’s sturdy enough to undergo cleaning. If unsure, check with your jeweler.
2. For gold and gemstones, try soaking it first in an isopropyl alcohol solution for a couple of hours. Rinse thoroughly afterwards. Using a homemade jewelry cleaning solution made of a half a cup of ammonia and two cups of water, gently work your way to all the cracks and crevices of your jewelry. A soft bristled toothbrush should do the trick.
3. Afterwards, rinse in warm to cool water and allow to air dry. You may also want to polish it with a clean terry cloth to bring out the shine,
4. In cleaning silver jewelry, avoid using chlorine because it will cause a greenish discoloration on the metal.
5. For precious pearls, a gentle wipe using a damp cloth usually does the trick. A little drop of olive oil also helps keep the luster. Rinse well and dry. Never use detergent, ammonia, alcohol or any other commercial cleaner not made specifically for pearls as this may damage them.
These days, wholesale jewelry need not cost an arm and a leg. Check out Cerijewelry.com to see for yourself.